Tool Shed – USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
By purchasing items from Tool Shed, you are purchasing a license which grants certain rights to use any textures, mesh objects, poses/animations, sounds, scripts, and/or kits (henceforth referred to as components) contained within a package, and you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1.) The components (textures, mesh objects, poses/animations, sounds, scripts, and/or kits) purchased or received from Tool Shed may not be resold, given away, or otherwise distributed as such (full perm, or otherwise) to any avatar, under any circumstances. This includes, but is not limited to, BIAB’s (Business in a Box), Resell Shops, Freebie Stores, Builders Kits, group gifts, distributing to friends, alts, business partners, etc. This also applies to the Second Life Marketplace™, or any other form of website.
Altering said items/components for the purpose of reselling and/or redistrubution as components is also prohibited.
2.) The components purchased or received from Tool Shed are strictly for content creation in the virtual world of Second Life™ only. At this time, exports and uploads to all other grids are strictly prohibited, except to those people who have purchased a limited license for a specific grid. This includes, but is not limited to, InWorldz, and Sansar™.
3.) Mesh kits purchased or received from Tool Shed that include baked textures, as well mesh kits that have add-on texture packs available may not be sold, or otherwise distributed to any avatar under any circumstances, without some modification on the part of the seller. Before distribution, you must do something to make the product visibly unique.
4.) Finished goods made with components purchased or received from Tool Shed may be sold and/or distributed with Copy OR Transfer permissions. They may NOT be sold or otherwise distributed with Copy AND Transfer permissions, under any circumstances.
In other words:
You may NOT:
* Sell and/or distribute any textures, mesh objects, poses/animations, sounds, scripts, and/or kits that you buy or receive from Tool Shed as such, full perm or not.
If you have a business partner or alt that needs the components/kit to work on, they will need to purchase their own copy.
Some other examples:
A. You cannot take textures from my packs and then sell or distrubite them as textures, whether as singles, or in a pack.
B. You cannot take one of my textures, change the color of it, and then sell or distrubite it as a texture.
C. You cannot take objects from my mesh kits, and sell or distribute them as a kit, nor part of a kit.
* Use any components that you buy or receive from Tool Shed anywhere other than in Second Life™, unless you have purchased a limited license for a specific grid.
* Sell or otherwise distribute a mesh kit that I made textures for (whether the textures came in the kit, or if they were acquired as an add-on), without adding something to it to make it VISIBLY unique. This does not include adding animations or scripts to the item, unless the script makes it blink or do a color fade, etc. – something that you can see.
Example: If I made a chair and an add-on texture pack for it, you would need to add a pillow or blanket (or some other object) to the chair before you can sell it. Or you could add decorative detail to the textures (add a stripe pattern to a plain texture, etc). Basically saying – I don’t want you to take one of my textured items and distribute it without adding your own detail to it. Having 100 identical items for sale throughout the grid isn’t doing anyone any favors.
* Sell and/or distrubute a finished product that contains any component that you buy or receive from Tool Shed with both Copy AND Transfer permissions.
Example: If you are using a sculpt / mesh object from a merchant that allows you to distribute it with copy AND transfer permissions, but you have used my textures on it, then you cannot distribute it with both copy and transfer permissions. It must be either No Copy or No Transfer.
* Distribute finished products you have made using components from Tool Shed as group gifts, hunt prizes, etc – as long as the permissions are No Copy OR No Transfer
* Use an item acquired from Tool Shed that includes textures (in the kit, or as an add-on) unaltered, as part of a finished build. As long as it is a PART of a finished product, you do not have to alter the textures for it.
* Download Tool Shed textures to your computer for making clothing designs, adding AO shaders, color adjustments, etc. – for use in your creations in Second Life™ ONLY (not for purposes of reselling or redistribution as textures, as stated in rule #1).
All items/components acquired from Tool Shed remain Copyright © 2013 of Fallacy DeCuir, also DBA ToolShedManager Resident, in Second Life™, and of Fallacy DeCuir in InWorldz, and Sansar™.
If you have any questions about allowed usage, please IM Fallacy DeCuir.
These terms were updated on December 16, 2017, and are effective immediately.